Monday, October 25, 2010

Podcast Players

I had intended to do a lot of work on my coffee cup sleeve patterns today, and when I craft, I usually listen to podcasts. Well, I'm pretty sick of iTunes, which is what I've been using to download and listen to podcasts. It isn't very customizable, and to download new podcasts you have to go to the Apple Store which is so bandwidth heavy that it often disconnects my internet connection, plus I sincerely hate the Apple company. So, today I decided to find a better program and start getting my podcasts through that. And I did. I had to do a little research and try several. I finally ended up getting Winamp, much to my surprise, as I associate that program with the mid 90s. It has a horrible directory too: the search function does not in fact function, and there are less podcasts listed in it than iTunes. That doesn't matter with Winamp though because you can enter the URL of any podcast you want and get it instantly. Plus the directory doesn't crash my internet, a big plus in my book.
How does this relate to crafting? Well, it took me until about 2pm to get it all sorted out and set up, so that was most of my day. Then I had to download new podcast episodes, so I ended up crocheting in silence as I waited for one to download. Ah well, I am no longer beholden to Apple for my podcast needs and will be able to crochet in smug satisfaction in the future.
Favorite Podcast: The Moth http://feeds.themoth.org/themothpodcast
-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment